Welcome to St Monica Trust, where transparency of fees is at the core of our values. With us, you can truly relax and savor life, knowing that the day-to-day and long-term management of our retirement villages is taken care of. The fees we collect are dedicated to maintaining all facilities and amenities to the highest standard, ensuring that our villages remain as vibrant and appealing in the future as they do today.
Cost of moving in
- Deposit and full balance: To purchase the lease on a property a £2,000 reservation fee is paid. At the point of exchange, 10% of the purchase price is paid (less the £2,000 reservation fee) and the balance is due on completion.
- Removal costs: Residents pay their own removal costs. We can suggest removal firms or you are free to choose your own.
- Conveyancing fee: Residents need to appoint and pay for their own solicitor to handle the conveyancing.
- Stamp duty land tax: Residents will also be liable for Stamp Duty Land Tax (applied at the point of completion). Further information can be obtained from a solicitor or at the Gov.uk website: www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax.
- Service charge: All residents pay an annual contribution to the running and services of St Monica Trust and our retirement villages. For more details, please visit the web pages of our individual retirement villages.
- Care costs: There is no mandatory charge for care, residents pay for domiciliary care and support only if they buy a care and support package. A comprehensive range of options are available.
- Nursing care: We can support residents to access GP and District Nursing services.
Ongoing additional fees payable to third parties
- Utility charges
- Council tax
- Freeview and satellite TV
The St Monica Trust arranges and maintains insurance cover for buildings, public liability and employer’s liability. Residents contribute to the cost through the service charge. It is the residents’ responsibility to obtain contents insurance for their home.
Charges when leaving or selling your property (Sandford Station, Cote Lane, Monica Wills House, Westbury Fields)
When you want to leave the property, it cannot be sold on the open market. Instead we will return the amount of your original capital payment less any outstanding charges and reinstatement costs required to return the property to a sellable condition. St Monica Trust does not apply any administration or legal fee for sale.
Charges when leaving or selling your property (The Chocolate Quarter)
During the purchase of any apartment residents will choose what happens when the time comes for them to surrender their lease. The two options are Fixed Refund or Equity Participation. The trust will act as an estate agent to market the apartment. Apartments can not be sold on the open market. St Monica Trust does not apply any administration or legal fee for sale. Residents will need to instruct a solicitor to handle the legal side of the surrender. For more details, please visit The Chocolate Quarter website.
For more details, please visit the web pages of our individual retirement villages.