Are you passionate about doing a good job? Are you flexible? Do you share our values? If you’re nodding, then we hope you’ll consider applying to join our team.
As our residents and clients tell us, it’s so important that our colleagues work hard together to make them – and their families - feel welcome and well-cared for.
Being dedicated, helpful and compassionate shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. But we also need people who really recognise the challenges facing older people. To understand their need to keep their independence. Or help them deal with the unexpected.
Whatever area you’re thinking about - from care to catering, housekeeping to HR – it’s important that you can demonstrate the following skills:
- Communication: verbal and written communication skills. Can you listen, follow and understand instructions? For some roles this includes the skills to negotiate, persuade, record events or evidence and deliver information.
- Thinking style: problem solving and decision making. Are you self-aware, flexible and adaptable style in your style?
- Time management: organisational skills; ability to plan ahead; meet deadlines; conduct tasks in a structured and logical way; manage in busy times.
- Well-being and values: respectfulness; trustworthiness; calmness; an understanding of older people’s needs; commitment to safety and security; motivation; empathy; care and attention.
- Working with others: team working; relationship building with residents, their friends and families; working with external partners.
- Technical skills: the skills and experience required to enable you to do the job.
As you can imagine, each role has a specific list of requirements. We’re sure there’s one to match not only your skills, but also your personality. After all, it’s not just about what you know. It’s about who you are.
Visit the “roles and departments” pages to learn more.