For some, just knowing that you’ve made a positive difference to someone else’s life is often a reason in itself to come to work. However, we’re also proud to offer our colleagues a competitive and rewarding benefits package.
You’ll find that all our salaries are reviewed against the local market. This helps make sure we’re paying you more than a fair and competitive salary for the work you do.
In fact from April 2016, we have committed to paying all our colleagues, regardless of age, at least 5% above the Governments National Living Wage.
As you might expect, terms and conditions will vary between roles. But here’s a quick overview of what our permanent employees are entitled to:
- At least 23 days’ holiday (29 days for registered nurses), plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Competitive hourly rates, with generous enhancements for weekend and night work (qualifying roles only).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance at 4 times salary.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Savings on shopping website to save on weekly spends, but also treats and holidays.
- Access to on-site gym/pool where relevant, otherwise access to gym/pool discounts.
- Subsidised restaurants, serving great quality food.
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities with both internal and external training providers on a range of topics.
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme after 12 months’ service.
- Employee referral scheme to reward colleagues who recommend their friends to work here.
- Colleague achievement and recognition schemes.
- Colleague opinion and feedback schemes.
- Employee assistance programme should you require confidential support.
- Career development opportunities.
- Social events for staff and their families.
- Paid travel time for our care at home roles.
In addition, and where needed, our colleagues are provided with a good quality and presentable uniform free of charge. Where a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service, formerly the Criminal Records Bureau) check is needed, the Trust pays for this too.
With so much to offer, isn’t it time you thought about joining one of our teams?